Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Heads or tales?

The other day I was on my way back on the LRT when one old man stood in front of me. Suddenly his mobile rang out the tune "If I were boy". To which I frowned and told him telepathically, "Uncle, it is so inappropriate of you to use that song as your ring tone. That is just unnaturally wrong."

***

Mak used to tell me this:

"Masa Kimi kecik-kecik dulu, Kimi suka cakap kepala lain, ekor lain"

I have no idea why she told me that or what did she mean by saying that.

***

Like I've mentioned before, I really think that currently I am going through a quarter life crisis. I really do. It's just that my state of depression has not reached rock bottom. Yet. Basically I'm just overwhelmed by the sudden change of perspective on life. I was a student one day, and a soulless corporate slave the next. I never really had any time to stop and ponder my move or how things have evolved around me.

I think what would really help me to overcome this crisis is for me to write a book. Because so far I don't think I have contributed anything to the society. What more as an accountant, our contribution is as significant as Khir Toyo's Disneyland visit to the development of Selangor. At least by writing a book, people (read:I) can say, "Hey what's that? That's Kimi's book. Oh my God he has a book".

Furthermore I like to write although I do admit that sometimes I has grammertical erorrs and a spelling mistakes here and ther. But that's not really my problem. I just need to find an idea for me to work on. Once I have that idea, I know I can just write as smooth as watching a movie. In fact, although this might sound so self-absorbed, I always imagine someone narrating my life, like in the movies, but in the style of writing a book. Something like "Today is just another day for Kimi. He woke up at 5.45 like he usually does without suspecting anything exciting would happen today. Little did he know at 3 in the afternoon...."

Recently, I watched a movie called "Coco avant Chanel " in conjunction with the French Film Festival. The reason that I told myself to watch the movie is because I wanted to sharpen my French which has been as blunt as doorknob (or whatever). But truth be told, I wanted to tell people that I have watched something more cultured and posh and not those ordinary-Iron-Man-2-thrash.

The film was just as I expected it to be. Boring. Every French movie is. Except one or two. Honestly, in Malaysia, French movies would only be allowed to be shown on Cerekarama. But since I dragged a friend along, Anna (bukan nama sebenar), I had to suck it in and stayed awake throughout the film.

I'm tired and I'm retiring to bed now.

***

Alamak, Mak was right. Kepala lain ekor lain.

No comments: